Sunday, September 20, 2009

Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

Plum Lovin'
by Janet Evanovich
cloth
ISBN 0-312-98536-3
St. Martin's Press

Rating (on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being best)
Plot: 2
Characters: 3
Writing: 3
Final: 2.66

Comments: This was not a wise choice on my part--I picked it up because I was too impatient to wait for the new title in the Stephanie Plum numbers series. This was just too silly for me (the regular Plum series is about as silly as I can take). Since I haven't read any other books in the "Between the Numbers" series I can't tell you how this one compares, but I'd guess that if you like the others, you're likely to enjoy this one, too.
Mysterious men have a way of showing up in Stephanie Plum's apartment. When the shadowy Diesel appears, he has a task for Stephanie-and he's not taking no for an answer. Annie Hart is a "relationship expert" who is wanted for armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. Stephanie needs to find her, fast. Diesel knows where she is. So they make a deal: he'll help her get Annie if Stephanie plays matchmaker to several of Annie's most difficult clients. But someone wants to find Annie even more than Diesel and Stephanie. Someone with a nasty temper. And someone with "unmentionable" skills. Does Diesel know more than he's saying about Annie Hart? Does Diesel have secrets he's keeping about Stephanie and the two men in her life-Ranger and Morelli? With Stephanie Plum in over her head, things are sure to get a little dicey and a little explosive, Jersey style!

4 comments:

  1. i read this book and don't like it either. i just didn't like the writing stlye. bit strange in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    It was definitely odd. I just didn't buy into Diesel, his pals & their special abilities. I really like the regular Stephanie Plum books, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit that I am not a fan of the in between number books. I haven't yet read this one, and I probably will anyway just because it's technically part of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find Janet Evanovich's books to be entertaining. So many aspects are so far-fetched, but that's part of the fun in reading her... wondering what in the world she will come up with next?!!
    I do admit I enjoy the "numbered" books more than the in-betweens though.

    ReplyDelete