Sunday, June 8, 2008

I finished Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann

I'm not sure why I didn't like this more. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with me than the book. Not enough gore? graphic violence? substance abuse? Maybe.

My old boss and pal, Steph, recommended it so it's gotta be good.
On a hillside near the cozy Irish village of Glennkill, the members of the flock gather around their shepherd, George, whose body lies pinned to the ground with a spade. George has cared for the sheep, reading them a plethora of books every night. The daily exposure to literature has made them far savvier about the workings of the human mind than your average sheep. Led by Miss Maple, the smartest sheep in Glennkill (and possibly the world), they set out to find George’s killer.
Generally speaking, any description including a "cozy Irish" anything doesn't bode well for me. But then how to explain my affection for Maeve Binchy (who pretty much personifies "cozy Irish")?

No comments:

Post a Comment